General
What Drugs Work Best for Diabetic Nerve Pain?

What Drugs Work Best for Diabetic Nerve Pain?

Shared by:

Data review shows some meds help more than others, but better options still needed

consumer.healthday.com

26 Mar 2017 - General

Lianne Marie Victoria Laruan I only came across the difference in pain management a few months ago too. I believe this is a new finding. To accurately determine whether discomfort's origin is neuropathy or radiculopathy, the best way is to conduct an electromyography and nerve conduction study. If the paraspinals are involved, then it is a case of radiculopathy. If two different peripheral nerves of the same n...
 (Total 110 words)
Thank you for this clarification Mark Edmon Tan! I was just really surprised as I think it was my first time to come across TCA's as treatment for neuropthic pain (or maybe I missed that part in school, haha). Anyhow, this is an interesting topic, as I have been having a loss of sensation in one hand, though I'm not sure if it is numbness or a tingling feeling. It's like a bit of both? How would one k...
 (Total 87 words)
Thank you for sharing this helpful clinical pearl Lianne Marie Victoria Laruan . We have to understand that there is a difference between neuropathic pain and radiculopathy/ radicular pain. Neuropathic pain is a disease affecting the peripheral nerve and makes the nerve hypersensitive (i.e. tingling sensation). Radiculopathy is a disease affecting the nerve root and makes the affected root hypofunctional (i.e. num...
 (Total 99 words)