General
We should never have told people to start taking vitamins

We should never have told people to start taking vitamins

Shared by:

It seems like simple, obvious advice: Eat your vegetables, get some exercise, and, of course, take your vitamins. Or not. Decades of research has failed to find substantial evidence that vitamins and supplements do any significant good. Nevertheless, several shiny new pills and powders have materialised in recent years that promise to deliver health and wellness in ways no other vitamin has before.

www.independent.co.uk

29 Mar 2017 - General

I would also like to share that different supplements may have various, unintended (but typically harmless) consequences. I experimented with ZMA, thinking it would boost my overnight recovery. While I can't speak to its efficacy there, I will say I got more than I bargained for: nightmares! ZMA caused really, really vivid dreams for me, most of which were unpleasant. Only a handful of my friends shared this experience, but it is a thing.
With regard to beta alanine, a lot of people like...
 (Total 194 words)
It is true that getting the amount of vitamins and minerals from natural sources are much better than the artificials. However, majority people these days are so busy with their working lifestyle that they do not have enough time for proper diet. Or some people just dislike to take fruits or vegetables in their diet. So they would top up by taking vitamins and minerals supplements which they lack. I do agree with ...
 (Total 89 words)