General
Hospitals use kitchen freezer bags to help keep premature babies warm

Hospitals use kitchen freezer bags to help keep premature babies warm

Shared by:

It’s all hands on deck at the hospital when a baby is being delivered prematurely. And with necessity being the mother of invention, Ziploc freezer bags are now being used to help the tiny newborns retain heat in the first hours out of the womb.

www.king5.com

5 Apr 2017 - General

I realize this is a great effort by some amazing NICU nurses, but the preview image for this article makes it look like the premie mannequin is stuffed in a baggie... the hole in the bottom is not immediately evident on my high quality monitor, and certainly not evident on a tiny phone screen. It was a little alarming at first and I thought for sure I must be looking at an Onion article. I just hope no one is out there thinking babies can be stuffed in plastic bags to stay warm, and wind up suff...
 (Total 115 words)
Thank you for sharing this very interesting article Hayes Chu . Indeed premature babies has many complications they can have the hard time to suck, swallow, and breathe at the same time. Aside from that their body doesn't have enough brown fat to keep their temperature up. So, trying this kind of study is great. For aside from the machines that was provided by the hospital, we HCP's can also be resourcefu...
 (Total 73 words)