General

Which Stethoscope brand would you choose?

Created by:

28 Jun 2016 - General

What's your pick among these 5?

1. Littmann

A premiere brand of stethoscope from 3M. Named after Dr. David Littmann, founder of Cardiosonics, Inc. in the 60s. Which he sold to 3M in 1969. Today, Littmann's R&D department has designed stehoscopes for every medical field imaginable. Ranging from anesthesiologists, cardiologists, EMTs, pediatrician, nurses, etc. Best part is, it comes in a variety of colours.

2. Heine Optotechnik

Founded in 1946 by Helmut A. Heine, as a physicist, he partnered with many nphysicians and unniversities to develop his innovative product. He has used his unique insights as a physicist to create stethoscopes that provide superior sound quality and sensitivity. The company is family owned and operated, which allows them to control the manufacturing process at every step which allows the to ensure that quality remains high.

3. Welch Allyn

Welch Allyn manufactures and sells stethoscopes designed by Dr. Proctor Harvey, which are designed to provide superior sound fidelity when listening to murmurs, systolic clicks and ejection sounds. Their stethoscopes features a discrete bell and diaphragm and rugged designs. Popular designs include the Harvey DLX Double Head, the Welch Allyn Professional Stethoscope, etc.

4. Cardionics 

Cardionics are an innovator in stethoscopes for over 30 years. The company are well-known for its high-fidelity scopes that provide superior auscultation. Founded in 1969 by Dr. Abe Ravin, it's firts innovation was a heart simulator that allows students to recognize and diagnose various heart sounds. Popular stethoscopes include Cardionics E-scope) II, Cardionics E-Scope) EMS, etc.

5.American Diagnostic Corporation

ADC started as a general medical supplier in 1984 which expanded throughout the years with a humble beginning of a 700-square-foot storefront and an office in New York. Today, ADC is the largest diagnostic medical manufacturers in the world. Providing a variety of brands such as Medicut, Adscope, Diagnostix, etc. They are one of the largest suppliers of stethoscopes in the United States with some popular stethoscopes scuh as the ADC 600 Single Head Ninja, ADC 605 Stainless Infant Stethoscope, etc.

My personal choice would be a Littman. I did own a baxtel in the past but it doesn't serve its purpose when you want to hear abnormal lung or heart sounds. I had a Littmann light weight and I am now using a Littmann Classic III. This is such a beautiful stethoscope! It comes with a dual sided chest piece for adult and pediatric patients. I am so happy that I made this purchase as it makes my life during medical outreaches a lot easier. By the way I am not an endorser of Littmann, but just a ...
 (Total 102 words)