General
Infographic: World No Tobacco Day

Infographic: World No Tobacco Day

Shared by:

World No Tobacco Day occurs on 31 May every year, highlighting the health and additional risks associated with tobacco use. The theme this year is "Tobacco - a threat to development". Here, ways to encourage tobacco users to quit and advocate for effective policies to reduce tobacco consumption are shown.

today.mims.com

31 May 2017 - General

Madhubabu kaaja I agree that we cannot just ban these substances you mentioned because there is huge revenues that will be lost if we cut out tobacco and alcohol immediately. The sin tax, which made these products significantly expensive, is imposed but people are still shrugging off the added cost without hesitation. The only course of action for us in the healthcare profession is to serve as role models for othe...
 (Total 72 words)
Wow. I wasn't even aware that today was World No Tobacco Day. I think that it would have been an effective strategy to promote health awareness if this was publicized in social media because the internet is very accessible to everyone nowadays. Promoting a policy like this could somehow help those who have been struggling to quit to commemorate this day and stop smoking cold turkey once and for all. For the MIMS Community, do you think doing so would help promote smoking cessation in some pe...
 (Total 87 words)