General

Diabetes Awareness Week

Created by:

30 Jun 2016 - General

The Philippine National Diabetes Awareness Week is an annual celebration held every 4th week of July as mandated by Presidential Proclamation No. 213. It aims to promote and highlight the key aspect in diabetes management and prevention – EDUCATION. In keeping with this occasion, our section will be holding an event with our patients with Diabetes. We will be conducting a series of lay fora and interactive activities that will promote awareness of diabetes focusing on its risk factors, treatment, importance of compliance and management and prevention of complications. To make the event more attractive and fun, we would like to set a theme for the celebration. If anyone has ideas on new and exciting themes and types of activities, please contact me. Any help will be appreciated. Thank you.

Thanks for sharing the event on the community. Hopefully your event can be spread to more in Manila. I was wondering if the event will be presenting to the participants about the symptoms that they have to watch for in diabetes. Recently, while doing mission work (rural clinics), I have met a couple of patients who did know the symptoms of diabetes and only after my screening that they were able to be diagnosed. Would there be any events outside of the event itself to bring about more awareness ...
 (Total 131 words)