General
Canada: family doctors help slash wait times for arthritis patients

Canada: family doctors help slash wait times for arthritis patients

Shared by:

Family doctors are being given new skills in an initiative to bring down waiting times for arthritis patients in Halifax, eastern Canada.

www.euronews.com

27 Jun 2017 - General

Priscilla Mae Gobuyan , long queues are very uncomfortable for geriatric patients. I think that this program will really help decongest rheumatology specialty clinics without compromising quality medical treatment. Moreover, this program better prepares us for handling more rheumatologic conditions as the global population becomes older. I agree that telemedicine should be one avenue that needs to be tapped in or...
 (Total 66 words)
There is this new proposal that general practitioners should train/ shadow under rheumatologists to gain clinical experience and competence in handling stable rheumatologic cases. The proposal is well-planned with rheumatolgists getting more time to see more new patients while specially trained GPs handle follow-ups. I think that this setup may work as long as GPs observe prudence and refer back to rheumatologists if patients need to alter their set of medications or have new subjective complain...
 (Total 76 words)