General
Nomophobia — 5 Steps to Ending Your Smartphone Addiction - Dr. Axe

Nomophobia — 5 Steps to Ending Your Smartphone Addiction - Dr. Axe

Shared by:

Nomophobia is the fear of being without your smartphone, or smartphone addiction. I discuss the signs plus how to overcome this growing problem.

draxe.com

16 Jul 2017 - General

Jemelyn Mae Sodusta It is hard not to be close to our phone admittedly since we work in the healthcare field. We have to be constantly communicating with our colleagues to ensure that our patients are safe. However, having a phone within an arm's reach at work does not justify our need to check our social media accounts every so often at home or at social gatherings. As you have said, we must exert restraint ...
 (Total 79 words)
Madhubabu kaaja I agree that a lot of people seem to feel compelled with being more connected in the virtual rather than the real world. I am guilty of being in the borderline of this mobile/ smartphone addiction too and am making an effort to reduce mobile phone use. It is better to check phones at set times in order to maintain productivity instead of refreshing newsfeed every few minutes. Thank you for sharing ...
 (Total 76 words)
Nomophobia is the abbreviation of no mobile phobia. It is the name coined for smartphone addiction, a growing concern that probably involves all of us in the MIMS community. Healthcare needs constant communication and we feel that we are not doing our job right if we disconnect from our jobs after our shifts. We make our smartphones our security blankets to ready ourselves to answer calls promptly. However, these calls rather are rare and few and we are only creating unnecessary stress by doing ...
 (Total 119 words)