General
Practice models that independent doctors should consider

Practice models that independent doctors should consider

Shared by:

It has been getting more difficult for independent doctors to hold their own medical practice in today’s medical environment. Here, we look at a few solutions in the form of practice models that have been tried and tested by many independent doctors.

today.mims.com

19 Jul 2017 - General

Madhubabu kaaja Thank you for sharing your input. I think that every career path has roughly the same options and it depends on how much one is willing to invest at the juncture of his/her respective career. I agree with you that starting out with an affiliation to a certain company/institution will help build connections with other colleagues and a referral system can be established. There is no right or wrong ch...
 (Total 85 words)
Chih Chiang Nieh Thank you for sharing your preference. I think that most doctors (me included) will prefer the traditional model approach where one does not think of compromising sovereignty for financial leverage. I honestly think this is a great choice. At this juncture of my career though, I would opt for professional partnership first to subsidize costs but the goal is still to practice with the traditional...
 (Total 69 words)
Thank you for sharing this topic Mark Edmon Tan.
The three types of models namely:
1.) Traditional - full autonomy and can be a group of physicians working together; Disadvantage is one needs to have more resources as spending capital
2.) Hospital affiliation - Easier operation with less financial burden by securing ties with a hospital; Disadvantage is that one does not have full independence with operation decision-making
3.) Professional partnerships - partnered with an associ...
 (Total 104 words)
This is a very nice article for discussion with everyone who wishes to start his/her practice. There are three types of models namely:
1.) Traditional - full autonomy and can be a group of physicians working together; Disadvantage is one needs to have more resources as spending capital
2.) Hospital affiliation - Easier operation with less financial burden by securing ties with a hospital; Disadvantage is that one does not have full independence with operation decision-making
3.) Prof...
 (Total 108 words)