General
Millions saved by anti-tobacco measures - WHO report

Millions saved by anti-tobacco measures - WHO report

Shared by:

A recent World Health Organization has revealed that 63 percent of the world’s total population - or 4.7 billion people - are now covered by at least one anti-tobacco measure.

today.mims.com

22 Jul 2017 - General

Madhubabu kaaja Thank you for sharing your insights. Indeed, governments should really promote health awareness by regulating products that are related to addiction and multiple metabolic disorders. I wonder if your country also implements smoking ban or have designated smoking satellites. It is the first time since I was born that I have seen strict implementation of smoking ban in the Philippines. Props to our g...
 (Total 80 words)
It is very reassuring that the World Health Organization has covered almost two thirds of the world in terms of promoting awareness about the risks of continued tobacco use. In the Philippines, the incumbent administration is very strict about the use of tobacco even in private vehicles. The restriction is only lifted when one is smoking at home. This will encourage non-smokers from quitting and the surveillance of concerned family members at home to urge smokers to quit for their health's s...
 (Total 82 words)