General
Advanced oral hygiene care programmes improve quality of life during stroke rehabilitation | News for Doctor, Nurse, Pharmacist | Neurology | MIMS Malaysia

Advanced oral hygiene care programmes improve quality of life during stroke rehabilitation | News for Doctor, Nurse, Pharmacist | Neurology | MIMS Malaysia

Shared by:

Advanced oral hygiene care programmes improve quality of life during stroke rehabilitation | MIMS Malaysia

specialty.mims.com

26 Aug 2017 - General

Madhubabu kaaja Thank you for sharing your opinion on this topic. I agree with you that the oral hygiene protocol should have at least been discussed. Breaking down the details of the oral health hygiene protocol could have explained as to why it helps in stroke patient recovery. My theory is that this protocol forces a patient to use the weak arm and hand; hence, training it without exerting a great amount of eff...
 (Total 74 words)
Oral hygiene is a point of emphasis in our field of physical medicine and rehabilitation. This holistic approach allows the patient to use the paretic or affected side more often in activities of daily living. This practice in turn helps facilitate the central nervous system's plasticity. I wish that the article elaborated on the advanced oral hygiene care protocol as it is noted to improve quality of life among patients. Those who perform protocols routinely increase their chances of recove...
 (Total 90 words)