General
Scientists have found a supplement that can switch off junk food cravings

Scientists have found a supplement that can switch off junk food cravings

Shared by:

Scientists in the UK have developed a supplement that can reportedly switch off cravings for high-calorie foods, such a pizza and doughnuts, while leaving the healthy appetite unaffected. After testing the new supplement, called inulin-propionate...

www.sciencealert.com

5 Jul 2016 - General

I still believe that junk food cravings, at times, can be curbed through mindset. Although it won't hurt if you get some junk food once in a while, but allowing yourself to indulge more than often is not healthy. People who had been having difficulty with staying away from junk food can look for alternatives-- such as fruits or nuts instead of sweets. I've seen people do this "rerouting" of appetite, and I think it wouldn't hurt to try too. All for a better health, right? B...
 (Total 109 words)
Just read the article you posted. Interestingly the reporter's last name is Macdonald. That aside, what impact will inulin-propionate esther have on a population. A user of the drug will already be aware of the need to avoid junk food. We must really have a strange taste bud to have such an insurmountable appetite for such unpalatable food. I do not have statistic to support me but a significant number of people indulge in junk food not because of the taste but more for convenience sake. We ...
 (Total 149 words)
I love junk foods and I don't know how to stop myself most of the time. I know they are not good for my health but they just taste nice. I know at some point in my life, I will have to cut it down as I am no longer getting any younger. With this study, it did mentioned that the participants did gain less weight. However, it didn't mention on how long are they being observed for. I understand that this is a small study at present, but it's worth knowing things like this and in the fut...
 (Total 125 words)
If it works on high calorie food, but does not work on the urge for low calorie food. Would a person still get fat from excessively eating low calorie food? Although this sounds sensible, I think it might end up in a similar state as many of the other pharmacological dietary interventions. Eating is something that has so many factors in involved that it might be tough to replicate the results from the experiment to the real world. It is also about achieving a healthy balance between what you ca...
 (Total 108 words)
But do you really want to miss out on pizzas, burgers and all that great food? Haha. I've always had a problem with snacking and junk food. On the day I signed-up at a Circuit Gym the trainer who met me said: "What are you goals?", and I stared at him blankly. He further questioned: "What do you want to achieve? Why are you here?" And I said: "Because I love to eat". I cannot miss out on the good food, so I make sure to workout and burn the calories I take in. W...
 (Total 149 words)
Here's some good news for junk food cravers. Scientists have developed a supplement that can reduce your craving for high calorie food and also make you want to eat less. According to them the supplement contains a molecule that induces and enhances the production of propionate from gut bacteria. Propionate acts on the brain (possibly on the satiety center) and tells your mind that you're full, even though you actually may be not. This can be a new way forward for the obese population, w...
 (Total 103 words)