Healthy Smoothie recipe Cont..Created by:
LeeAnn's Luscious Smoothie
To eliminate processed sugar, this reader created a sweet, sugar-free smoothie.
- 1 c skim milk
- 1 c frozen, unsweetened strawberries
- 1 Tbsp cold-pressed organic flaxseed oil
- 1 Tbsp sunflower or pumpkin seeds (optional)
1. MIX milk and frozen strawberries in a blender for 1 minute.
2. TRANSFER to a glass and stir in the tablespoon of flaxseed oil, or serve with a tablespoon of sunflower or pumpkin seeds instead.
NUTRITION (per serving) 256 cals, 14 g fat, 1.5 g sat fat, 106 mg sodium, 26 g carbs, 19 g sugars, 3 g fiber, 9 g protein
The Super Green
Powerful detox action masquerades as another delicious shake fromPrevention's Lori Powell (it's pictured here with the Berry Breakfast Smoothie.) The celery and parsley that contribute to its bright green color are diuretics that help rinse toxins from your system. Kale and mango are superfoods bursting with nutrition that support your cleanse.
- 1¼ cups chopped kale leaves (stems and tough rib removed), preferably Lacinato (also known as dinosaur)
- 1¼ cups frozen cubed mango
- 2 medium ribs celery, chopped
- 1 cup chilled fresh tangerine or orange juice
- ¼ cup chopped flat-leaf parsley
- ¼ cup chopped fresh mint
COMBINE all ingredients in blender.
PUREE until smooth.
POUR into 2 chilled glasses.
NUTRITION (per serving): 160 cal, 3 g protein, 39 g carbs, 5 g fiber, 0.5 g fat, 0 g sat fat, 56 mg sodium
- 2 cups cubed honeydew
- 1 small Granny Smith apple, peeled, cored, and cut up
- 1 kiwifruit, peeled and cut up
- 2 -3 tablespoons sugar
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 cup ice cubes
- Honeydew and/or kiwifruit slices
- COMBINE honeydew, apple, kiwifruit, sugar, and lemon juice. Cover and blend until smooth in a blender container
- ADD ice cubes; cover and blend until cubes are crushed and mixture is slushy. Garnish with additional honeydew and/or kiwifruit slices, if desired.
NUTRITION 110 calories, 0g fat, 27g carbohydrate, 3g fiber, 2g protein