Ways to prevent Post Holiday sorrows.....Created by:
Getting away is blissful. Coming home? Not so much. The Unpacking, laundry, catching up on emails, etc, etc. Insanely tiring!!
Need some tips to get back into everyday routine?
1. Do prep work before you leave your home for your holiday. Do some tidying, vacuuming of floors, make your bed, empty the trash can, etc. This is going to help you instantly feel organized and get back to reality.
2. Shorten your first week back to work. Example, coming back home on a Monday, Tuesday or Wednesday will eventually get you back to flow at work and have the weekend to recharge.
3. If possible, build in one day to rest, do laundry, replenish food in the refrigerator, and tackle other tasks. Therefore, give yourself a recovery day!
4. Book your next Vacation within the next 6 months. So when you feel sad about the current vacation ending,you can cheer yourself up with the upcoming vacation.
5. Use your time on the plane or car ride back to edit your pictures so that you won’t have this big project hanging over you when you get home. Having an orderly collection of all the moments you really want to remember lets you enjoy them anytime you need a boost, so you can feel those same positive emotions you felt then.