General

Video games, anyone?

Created by:

8 Jul 2016 - General

Hey all. Just wondering if there are any other video game enthusiasts out there in the MIMS community. I really enjoy playing games on my computer and I spend a considerable amount my leisure time and money on gaming. I have a group of friends who I play online with, but something I have noted is that there aren't many health professionals who play video games. It's understandable given the busy lifestyle we spend and other responsibilities we have to fulfill. But a bit of gaming to get your mind off from all the hassle of everyday work won't cost much. If you are a video gamer, what is the game you are currently playing? About how many hours do you spend a week with video games? Do you think it is helpful?

@Aaron What is your favorite first person shooter? Do you happen to play multiplayer online first person shooters, like call of duty? As for real time strategy games I loved the Age of Empires Franchise. Too bad they did not come up with a new game after Age of Empires III. I also enjoyed Caesar III as a school kid, and then Caesar IV during medical college. The part I don't like about strategy is, it takes several hours to build up an empire or civilization, but in the end you may lose the ...
 (Total 126 words)
I play Clash of Clans too! Clash of Clans is the pocket edition of my gaming addiction. My Gaming PC is at my home, so when I'm out in the hospital or traveling I play a lot of COC. Well I started the game about 3 months back and I'm currently a moderately upgraded town hall 8. I play clan wars in a clan with my friends, who are all doctors and medical students and clan wars is the part I like the most in Clash of Clans. Maria, you should really start playing the game again. What level w...
 (Total 117 words)
@Tarah Thanks for the suggestion. I had a look at a trailer and some gameplay videos about Dead By Daylight. Looks like a great game. I'm not much into horror movie or games, but the graphics in this game look amazing and I hope the gameplay is engaging too. For me a game is mainly about two things. The graphics and the story. A good story with moderate graphics is always better than an ultra realistic graphics with an ugly story or a great story with terrible graphics turns. So far the game...
 (Total 108 words)
I used to play clash of clan too till the advent of clan war. Clan war put too much stress on preformance and requires a lot of strategic planning and a defeat may subject me to the ridicule of the entire team. I stopped playing 2 months Ago. The game got so complex that playing it feels like a drudgery. War craft and star craft are the classic real time strategy game. I plays Starcraft to relief me of my exam stress during my medical examination. Warcraft.3 accompalnied me through high school ....
 (Total 217 words)
I used to play clash of clan too till the advent of clan war. Clan war put too much stress on preformance and requires a lot of strategic planning and a defeat may subject me to the ridicule of the entire team. I stopped playing 2 months Ago. The game got so complex that playing it feels like a drudgery. War craft and star craft are the classic real time strategy game. I plays Starcraft to relief me of my exam stress during my medical examination. Warcraft.3 accompalnied me through high school ....
 (Total 217 words)
I used to play "Warcraft". Well, the role-playing saga of my life, began with "Red Alert" and then I graduated to Warcraft. I do not know how to play multi-player games however, I complete the campaigns on my own. I'm a loner like that. Haha. When I first opened my practice, I made sure to have my mom's technician install Warcraft in my computer and it kept me company. It helped a lot because patients then, were scarce. Anyway, I have not played Warcraft in a while bu...
 (Total 213 words)
@Theekshana, I SUCKED BIGTIME at DOTA. No one wants me to be their teammate lol. Since you like shooting games, I would recommend Dead By Daylight. It is newly released this month I think or end of last month. It is not a first person shooter per se like COD, but the story revolves around a cliche slasher horror where you play as one of the victims or the psycho. The goal is to either kill them all if you played the psycho or get you and your teammates to escape the area and run away from the ps...
 (Total 141 words)
Hi all! Back in college, I was a Counterstrike addict. I was so addicted to it that I almost flunked a subject due to absences! :D I used to have a "clan", wherein me and my teammates will start "Clan Wars" with other players. I was so addicted to counterstrike that until now I can still remember the maps, my fave ammo and even the moves I used to make! Sadly, I had to give up counterstrike because my addiction was growing out of control. I also played Max Payne, DOTA and Cal...
 (Total 113 words)
Oh I am trying to keep myself from gaming again. I am a certified geek and I know that when I start gaming again I will not be able to stop. I used to play Warcraft was able to finish the very first one (that was when I was in elementary haha), Reign of Chaos and Frozen Throne. I played Blood II: the chosen, Doom, Counter Strike, The Sims 1 2 3 and I have 4 now which I spend hours just building their darn houses and others. Fortunately I own a Macbook with limited storage..though my gaming frien...
 (Total 157 words)
Hi Tarah. Nice to meet a lady gamer! We don't often see females who play games. none of my female friends do. (as long as candy crush is not counted as gaming) I wonder what the reason behind that is. Probably because shooting and sword fighting are too manly stuff :D Online gaming is indeed addictive. I remember when I played Call of duty online. I used to play for hours straight, sometimes late into the night. One more kill-streak, one more level up.. you are never satisfied. Offline game...
 (Total 155 words)
Hi Zewei. DOTA is a great game with a huge online community and some amazing gameplay. but I have never played it. I've heard that it is a very addictive game and you have to play at least several hours per day to progress to a competitive position. Is that true? It's hard for me to afford that amount of time. I'm mostly into First person shooter and role playing games with a bit of arcade car racing games. Sad to hear that you had to give up gaming after the marriage. That scares m...
 (Total 139 words)
I used to play MMPOG from a medical student to the first few years of my career. I play mainly world of warcraft and Defence of the Ancient 1. My favourite character was witch doctor and bara in DOTA. However , marriage marks the end of my remarkable rise in power and my godlike killing streak. Initially my wife was supportive until I found out ladies do not usually mean what they say. All my attention was shifted back to my career and marriage. I do not think computer game improved my faciliti...
 (Total 103 words)