General
A hospital in Argentina is using astrology to treat mental health patients

A hospital in Argentina is using astrology to treat mental health patients

Shared by:

A hospital in Buenos Aires is offering patients in its mental health department a workshop called

www.sciencealert.com

9 Jul 2016 - General

I think the doctor who proposed this project is quite creative in preparing a therapy for his patients. However, I think it has more disadvantages rather than advantages. It could be a good way to make his patients talk by deliberately allowing their patients to have this joint delusion that the position of cosmic bodies influences our lives. However, since these patients suffer from disordered thinking, they are also susceptible to believing something that's not entirely true. It will be qu...
 (Total 133 words)
It's interesting that a hospital allowed this in their hospital. It really revolves around coincidence and chance. I don't believe in it either but I have this feeling that I shouldn't shut it down as well. From a doctor's point of view I don't want my patient's care to be compromised by some astrological belief. From a personal point of view I like to keep an open mind. The last part of the article stated: "Its goal is not to heal, but to provide support," they...
 (Total 110 words)
I agree with the fact that astrology is not a science and it is an art. I also agree that horoscopes and planetary positions have little influence upon the future events and our overall personality. The beliefs and attitudes of a person are a product of his upbringing, his social stratum and his education. The use of astrology as a part of treatment in a hospital is indeed a thing which has to be looked upon with skepticism. But if you read carefully in the article, the therapy or the sessions w...
 (Total 229 words)
I agree with the fact that astrology is not a science and it is an art. I also agree that horoscopes and planetary positions have little influence upon the future events and our overall personality. The beliefs and attitudes of a person are a product of his upbringing, his social stratum and his education. The use of astrology as a part of treatment in a hospital is indeed a thing which has to be looked upon with skepticism. But if you read carefully in the article, the therapy or the sessions w...
 (Total 229 words)
Do you believe in astrology? Can the position of planets and stars really affect the lifestyle of a human being? Can astrology really predict the future by looking at the alignment of constellations? If you ask me if I believe it, the answer would be "Yes and No" There are things that can be predicted about a person in astrology that can't be attributed to mere coincidence. Things that are told about me by astrologists have become true even though i personally try hard to deny them...
 (Total 110 words)