General
Homicidal Somnambulism – can sleep disorder lead to murder?

Homicidal Somnambulism – can sleep disorder lead to murder?

Shared by:

One night, a young man called Kenneth Parks drove 23 kilometres from his house to his parents-in-law’s and proceeded to kill his mother-in-law, Barbara Ann Woods. Parks almost succeeded in ending Dennis Woods’ life as well, but the older man survived the attempt.

today.mims.com

10 Jul 2016 - General

I have heard of stories of people getting into their cars and driving to the grocery, walking out of their house and waking up in a park, going to the kitchen and try to cook themself a meal and the sort. This is my first time to hear of something so horrific. It's like something out of a movie. Somnabulism truly is a worrisome condition as the person could easily hurt himself or herself i.e. fall down the stairs. Since somnabulism is connected to stress, traumatic events and other psycholog...
 (Total 170 words)
Sleep disorders are actually disturbing for everyone in the family but this one is horrifying. Homicidal somnambulism is a dangerous condition which ends up in killing a person. It is an extreme case of sleep walking. Various causes of sleep walking has been identified such as heredity, shallow sleep, anxiety and depression, interrupted sleep, certain medications, stress etc. The condition must be treated once known if the symptoms are more frequent and associated with aggressiveness; if few in...
 (Total 114 words)