General
Why dining in is healthier than eating out

Why dining in is healthier than eating out

Shared by:

It is so much more convenient to eat out. There’s the variety plus, you don’t have to clean up, do the dishes or sweat it out to get food on your plate. Besides, if work eats up most of your time plus traveling, it’s a no-brainer that getting nourishment from the nearby deli, fast food outlet or restaurant is the way to go.

today.mims.com

12 Jul 2016 - General

@Esther. I grew up to home-cooked meals. My mom always had good food at home, so that's probably why I inclined to cooking. When I was younger, my involvement in the kitchen was very minimal but I always tell people, it must be because I love to eat and I love good food. If you know how food should taste, you'll create great dishes. I dunno if that makes sense but that's the only explanation I can think of. Haha. And Winnie, I agree... cooking for me is so much more practical and cos...
 (Total 124 words)
i totally agree that dining in is healthier than eating out, given that you have more control over the contents of your meal, and that i can decide how much i want to eat versus storing for my next meal. i prefer bringing my own food to work as well, by bringing food such as sandwiches, oatmeal or salads. i can't cook, so these are good options. fortunately there is a supermarket near my workplace so that i am able to buy groceries last minute such as salads and my favourite fruit avocado. i...
 (Total 112 words)
@Maria, I really need to emulate you. Since I'm living away from home at the moment, I dine out almost everyday. In Malaysia, it's definitely more economical to dine out if you're living alone. It is true that home-cooked food is healthier but home prepared food brings with it love, warmth and care. Also, when a family cooks together there's a sense of communion and that's the special thing about home cooked food for me. It is good for the physical body, but I'll add on t...
 (Total 103 words)
Everyone likes tasty and easily available foods. Home cooked food is healthy and can be made tastier according to the wishes of the family. I love cooking and trying different varieties at home. But, nowadays especially children and teens love to eat outside food although adults are also not far behind. The media has been responsible to a large extent to persuade people to try different kinds of food outside especially at weekends. In many families it has become a trend to eat outside at the we...
 (Total 136 words)
The culture of dining out has caught on in India amongst the youth. There was a time when people used to take a home packed lunchbox to their workplace in the morning. The ladies of the house were in charge of cooking meals for the entire household and the job of the man was to earn for the family. As women started working outside too, this system has changed. Today's working young and women prefer to have their lunch at their workplace or somewhere outside. Weekend dining is most often in d...
 (Total 173 words)
I understand that completely. Especially spices and other ingredients. So what I did when I started cooking in my own place, was that I'd keep to food with simple ingredients and spices that I already have. Then every time I go to the grocery, I add on to my spice rack collection--then that means I get more options for food. It's not just the spices--the vinegars, oils, all that stuff. If you buy them all in one go it's just going to be expensive. Also if you live on your own, batch ...
 (Total 159 words)
Home cooked is always better than eating out. Food bought outside is filled with monosodium glutamate, saturated fatty acid. simple carbohydrate and salt. At least we know what we are eating when we cook at home. Somehow food always taste better when we cook it and it gives us a homely feeling that improves family relationship and establish a kindred spirit. However I do not find it cheaper to cook at home as ingredient is expensive in Singapore and take away can be really economical at times. M...
 (Total 101 words)
I am an advocate of “home-cooked meals”. Apart from it being more frugal and practical, it’s really healthier. I love dining out. I love exploring new restaurants and all, but I am not the type to indulge in this on a daily basis. In fact, I cook dishes and store them in the ref in my clinic (for lunch for a week). It doesn’t even matter if you go to a “healthy restaurant”. I think the only way you can truly control what really goes into your mouth is when you cook it yourself. In terms of calor...
 (Total 205 words)