General

Book that I read

Created by:

13 Jul 2016 - General

This is a really inspirational book I read. It gives me a new perspective to life I never thought about before and I felt energized and totally inspired at the end of the book,Paul Kalanithi, a brilliant neurosurgery resident at Stanford, learns he has stage IV lung cancer. But even before he got sick, he was fascinated with the question of what makes life meaningful. He wrote this book while he was dying, and his wife Lucy, an internist, ultimately finished it. The writing is so remarkable that it's no surprise that this was the number-one nonfiction book all over the world, and it has already been translated into more than 40 languages. How can a young man's death be such an incredible inspiration to others? If you don't know, please pick up this book and enjoy it.

i also really like that book as well. It is such a timely reminder to really value what time we have on earth. At the same time, it is a bittersweet ode to life. I think sometimes as doctors we begin to become very insensitive to the idea of death, such as telling ourselves that everyone goes through it. “I began to realize that coming face to face with my own mortality, in a sense, had changed nothing and everything,” he wrote. “Seven words from Samuel Beckett began to repeat in my head: ‘I can...
 (Total 100 words)