General
Skin care tips for treatment and prevention of acne

Skin care tips for treatment and prevention of acne

Shared by:

Acne is a common skin problem affecting all ages, but mostly teenagers due to overactive hormones. Women are prone to it as well, from their mid 20s to 50s. Acne is caused by clogged pores due to a soft plug formed by sebum and dead skin cells. Factors such as hormones, stress, certain medications, and according to some studies, diet, can aggravate existing cases of acne.

today.mims.com

13 Jul 2016 - General

Speaking of acne, it takes me back to my high school years, when I was so brutally beaten up by acne. In my whole medical career I have only seen a couple of patients with acne vulgaris as severe as what I used to have those days. My whole face was covered with at least 15 infected acnes at any given time that looked like big abscesses. I used several home remedies before I finally decided that they were not going to heal on their own. And I remember the magic treatment my dermatologist prescrib...
 (Total 136 words)
This is actually a real concern for patients harboring it because it has serious effects on self-confidence and self-image. I think this is a pathological condition that is affected by multiple factors such as genetics, age, hygiene and environmental exposure. It’s observed to be more common in teens because of hormonal adjustments during that phase. To combat that, I advise patients to wash their face frequently (at least 3-4x) and to use only gentle cleansers that’s non-comedogenic. I have my ...
 (Total 126 words)
@Indira. Acne is very real and the effect of Propionibacterium acne is real. Really need to treat the patient well to avoid scarring. Medication there are 2 basic types- anti-comedonal and anti-propionibacterium. Anti-comedonal will be topical retinoic acid. They break down the comdeones and has some antiinflammatory property. They need to be combined with anti-P acne medication. Anti-P accne medication are 1) Topical benzoyl peroxide 2) Topical erythromycin/clindamycin 3) Oral doxycycline. Topi...
 (Total 128 words)
Acne is a problem in every individual it draws our whole concentration till it is healed; not actually till its healed but even later on till the marks are not completely gone. Sometimes these leave a scar or a mark on the face which changes the facial appearance. I have seen many people approaching dermatologists for getting a clear skin after dealing with all the possible measures to remove the scars. But I still believe a high fiber diet, intake of plenty of fluids, regular exercises, persona...
 (Total 100 words)
Oh acne how I dread you. It is quite a depressing condition as it lowers your self-confidence making you highly self-conscious. Acne is quite hard to treat and most patients become highly frustrated along the path of treatment as results take quite a long time. Sometimes you just want that wonder drug that in a few days you begin to have clearer skin. Acne scars are particularly difficult to remove as even when the "fresh ones" are already gone you still have the "old ones" t...
 (Total 134 words)
Acne is such a common problem. We all know it has to do with genetic sensitivity to propionibacium acne. Mechanism we all agree has to do with shedding of the follicular lining causing obstruction to the follicular opening. Sebum produced will be metabolized by P acne and the metabolite causes inflammation and further obstruction. The inflammation eventually extend into the dermis and causes the follicle to burst into the dermis resulting in tender papules and cyst. Classical features of acne ar...
 (Total 184 words)