General
Woman gives birth to twins conceived 10 days apart

Woman gives birth to twins conceived 10 days apart

Shared by:

Susie Chong and Matthew Beasley of Beaconsfield are parents to twins, Leni and Jenson, conceived 10 days apart and from different egg cells.

today.mims.com

13 Jul 2016 - General

Yes I saw that episode. Actually, before I read your comment for this article, I was already thinking about that. Anyway, it did not mention the presence of two wombs, you are correct. So either they failed to mention it or they deemed it self-explanatory--or I don't know. I have zero knowledge in OB GYN, but this is an amazing story especially since they weren't expecting to get pregnant and they found out about their babies and their babies' state in a piecemeal kind of revelation....
 (Total 106 words)
The story here is about how babies were conceived at different times - not the fact that one is 2 1/2 weeks behind in development. This means she ovulated TWICE within a month, whereas most women ovulate ONCE - whether that is one or more eggs. Scans up to 12 weeks gestation are extremely accurate at pin-pointing an embryos gestational age as ALL embryos grow and develop at exactly the same rate. After 12 weeks, it is a matter of growing and putting on weight, which can develop differently. An e...
 (Total 175 words)
I did watch Grey's Anatomy before but couldn't remember the episode you mentioned, guessed I am too focus on Meredith/Derek love affair. Haha Anyway, back to the topic. Yes, it wasn't clearly stated whether the twins were from the same womb, as having two uterus' could really be a possibility in this case. I have encountered a patient claiming that she has two wombs, so really this could be a possibility. Having twins is a blessing though, isn't it? You get to have two babie...
 (Total 106 words)