General
From the public to the healthcare community: Addressing the shortage of psychiatrists in Malaysia

From the public to the healthcare community: Addressing the shortage of psychiatrists in Malaysia

Shared by:

Recently, the Mental Health Promotion Advisory Council of Malaysia has urged the government to provide more registered psychiatrists, to cater to the needs both in public and private healthcare in the country. Consequently, this also highlighted the lack of focus on the mental health of the public – especially the younger generation. MIMS sits down with two prolifics psychiatrists, to seek their professional views on this matter.

today.mims.com

22 Sep 2017 - General

It would be safe to say that mental health is not much talked about in some parts of Asia, not just in Malaysia. There is also a lack in the number of psychiatrists as well. In my opinion as I see it, the field seems to be stressful in terms of being inevitably subjected in a hostile situation/environment at times. I think that mental health is not much talked about in the country due to culture as well. More often than not, signs and symptoms of mental illness are often disregarded or not taken...
 (Total 116 words)
Seldom we really talk about mental health that we tend to overlook, the mortality rate is increasing through the years. Perhaps in some countries, like us here in the Philippines, mental health isn't that most talked page of healthcare in the previous years. But I think we are taking a move against depression in todays time as we have this online hotline for those who are depressed and seeking someone to talk to. If I am not mistaken, victims are encouraged to dial a toll free and speak to a...
 (Total 111 words)