General
DOH-Central Visayas: Infant deaths not attributable to vaccine

DOH-Central Visayas: Infant deaths not attributable to vaccine

Shared by:

Vaccines were not the cause of death of two infants in Lapu-Lapu City, Cebu, the Department of Health (DOH) Central Visayas regional office maintains.

today.mims.com

22 Nov 2017 - General

Priscilla Mae Gobuyan Thank you for sharing your thoughts. I agree that it is very hard for the family members to accept that the deceased ones due to another illness and not as a consequence of vaccination during their grief. Hopefully, this finding will shed some light to understanding the actual cause of their child's mortality. As for the written and informed consent prior to vaccination, I am sure that t...
 (Total 82 words)
I know parents of both parties are in great grief with what had just happened. We cannot blame them for what they feel and perhaps they are looking for loop holes to take responsibility of the death of their infants. However it is never right also to accuse someone/something unless proven. Giving information about the pros and cons of the vaccines were clearly stated prior to receiving the shots and by submitting their babies to receive it, would be a great assumption that they have fully under...
 (Total 90 words)
It is good to hear the DOH Central Visayas's perspective on the complaints pointing to vaccination as the cause of death of two infants. However, I still believe that an autopsy should have been done to point out to a definitive diagnosis and provide closure to the grieving family members. These complaints also serve as a reminder to physicians to always inform parents and patients of possible side effects and duration of these effects (usually in the first 24 hours after vaccine administrat...
 (Total 83 words)