General
ARBs confer moderate protection against gastro-oesophageal cancer death | News for Doctor, Nurse, Pharmacist | Oncology | MIMS Malaysia

ARBs confer moderate protection against gastro-oesophageal cancer death | News for Doctor, Nurse, Pharmacist | Oncology | MIMS Malaysia

Shared by:

ARBs confer moderate protection against gastro-oesophageal cancer death | MIMS Malaysia

specialty.mims.com

1 Dec 2017 - General

Madhubabu kaaja Thank you for sharing your thoughts. It is also the first time that I saw a study about the potential benefit of ARBs in preventing gastric and esophageal cancer. I am waiting for further studies about ARBs as potentially protective against more types of cancers. Some drugs are discovered to work best in diseases other than its intended use (i.e. anticonvulsant pregabalin and gabapentin for neuropa...
 (Total 83 words)
Dear Mark Edmon Tan thanks for updating on ARBs in the protection of gastroesophageal cancer death here for discussion. I have gone through this information now. As far that I know this common could not be studied here in India as this has not been studied and seems to be the first time in the world. Candesartan, losartan, olmesartan and valsartan are widely used to treat hypertension, heart failure and diabetic ...
 (Total 98 words)