General
Understanding BRCA: The breast cancer gene

Understanding BRCA: The breast cancer gene

Shared by:

The BRCA genes are two of the most notable genetic links to cancer development, and mutations in these genes are strongly linked to breast, ovarian and prostate cancer.

lasvegassun.com

31 Dec 2017 - General

Virgilion Montero - who are you referring to? "BRCA1 and BRCA2 Negative I'm a staunch believer in genetic testing, because it can save your life! I was lucky to be negative, but I thought I would test positive because of my Ashkenazi Jewish ancestry.Postive BRCA1 without Breast or Ovarian Cancer I recently underwent bilateral mastectomies and removal of ovaries without being diagnosed with either breast or ovarian cancer because we have BRCA1 in our family. My mother,sister and myself a...
 (Total 161 words)
BRCA1 and BRCA2 Negative I'm a staunch believer in genetic testing, because it can save your life! I was lucky to be negative, but I thought I would test positive because of my Ashkenazi Jewish ancestry.Postive BRCA1 without Breast or Ovarian Cancer I recently underwent bilateral mastectomies and removal of ovaries without being diagnosed with either breast or ovarian cancer because we have BRCA1 in our family. My mother,sister and myself all have the gene and when i got the diagnosis it was...
 (Total 153 words)