General
Teens need vigorous exercise to reduce heart disease risk later in life

Teens need vigorous exercise to reduce heart disease risk later in life

Shared by:

The researchers also found a strong link between time spent watching TV and risk factors for developing diabetes or heart disease in later life.

lifestyle.inquirer.net

4 Feb 2018 - General

Jemelyn Mae Sodusta Thank you for showing interest in this topic. The article states that moderate physical activity is not sufficient to avoid developing cardiovascular diseases later in life. Only vigorous, high-intensity activity will protect teenagers from acquiring risk factors that are related to cardiovascular diseases. The activity recommendation is pretty steep though as it would be very difficult to ach...
 (Total 69 words)
Thank you for sharing your thoughts on this article Mark Edmon Tan. Could you please enlighten me? Let me quote something from the article, it says, "They found that moderate activity and vigorous activity had a significantly different effect on health, with only vigorous activity making a significant impact on risk factors that raise the chance of cardiovascular diseases, such as body mass index (BMI) and ...
 (Total 99 words)
Mark Edmon Tan, Thank you for sharing your opinion and insight. I absolutely agree that vigorous exercise is needed by teenagers to prevent future cardiac problem. Regular exercising by right should be considered as sufficient to maintain health. Vigorous exercise most days of the week is needed to prevent future heart problems and develop a habit of active lifestyle. I also wish that concrete recommendations by the AHA will come out to define vigorous exercising in terms of frequency and inten...
 (Total 81 words)
Jemelyn Mae Sodusta Thank you for sharing this article. It took me three times to fully digest the title's message. Vigorous exercise is needed by teenagers to prevent future cardiac problem. This shows that regularly exercising is not sufficient to say that an adolescent is healthy. Vigorous exercise most days of the week is needed to prevent future heart problems and develop a habit of active lifestyle. I w...
 (Total 88 words)