General
[Infographic] Down Syndrome in the Philippines

[Infographic] Down Syndrome in the Philippines

Shared by:

Every February, the Philippines celebrates the National Down Syndrome Consciousness Month—to inform the public that even though people with Down Syndrome have mild to moderate cognitive disability, they can still participate in the society.

today.mims.com

5 Feb 2018 - General

Chih Chiang Nieh I do not think that there is a clear cut way of avoiding Down syndrome. One important preventive technique is to avoid marriage between persons who are related within the second degree of consanguinity as this is known to be a risk factor for genetic flaws. Is abortion after antegenetal testing allowed in your country? Abortion is a big no-non in our predominantly Roman Catholic country and this...
 (Total 75 words)
Thank you for sharing this infographic Priscilla Mae Gobuyan . It sure kept me informed of important statistics concerning Down syndrome. It is not uncommon for Filipinos to have this disease apparently; however, it is more important for me to know that parents are taking charge of forming down syndrome support groups for more than a decade and a half. Support groups not only encourage the patients but also thei...
 (Total 84 words)