Its True! Nay??Created by:
15 Jul 2016 - General
Give me your feedback..
- The word "dreamt" is the only common word in the English language that ends in "mt".
- Cockroaches can live 9 days without their heads before they starve to death.
- The largest employer in the world is the Indian railway system in India, employing over 1.6 million people.
- Each nostril of a human being registers smells in a different way. Smells that are made from the right nostril are more pleasant than the left. However, smells can be detected more accurately when made by the left nostril.
- The blue whale has a heart the size of a small car and its blood vessel is so broad, that a person could swim through it.
- In the courts of the Roman Empire, instead of swearing an oath on a bible, men swore to the truth on their statements while holding their genitals. Hence the word 'testify', from 'testicles'.
- A dog can hear sounds that are 100 times fainter than the faintest sounds that a person can hear. If a person can just hear a noise that is coming from 10 feet away, a dog could hear that same noise from 100 feet away.
- The surface area of the lungs is roughly the same size as a tennis court.
- A human will eat on average 70 assorted insects and 10 spiders while sleeping.
- Studies show that eating spicy food can help you live longer.
- The best time for a person to buy shoes is in the afternoon. This is because the foot tends to swell a bit around this time.
- Nazi leader Adolf Hitler had only one testicle.
- Humans are born with 350 bones in their body, however when a person reaches adulthood they only have 206 bones. This occurs because many of them join together to make a single bone.