16 Jul 2016 - General

1. Breakfast smoothie

Ingredients

• 3 passion fruit
  • 1 banana, chopped
  • 1 small mango, peeled, stoned and chopped
  • 300ml orange juice
  • ice cubes

Scoop the pulp of the passion fruits into a blender and add the banana, mango, orange juice and ice. Puree until smooth and drink immediately.

Nutrition facts

• kcal 162
  • fat 0gm
  • carbs 39gm
  • fibre 4gm
  • protein 3gm

2. Forest fruit & banana smoothie

Ingredients

• frozen fruits of the forest
  • banana, sliced
  • low-fat fruits of the forest yogurt

Blend frozen fruits of the forest and sliced banana in a food processor with low-fat fruits of the forest yogurt.

3. Vitamin smoothie

Ingredients

• 1 orange, peeled and roughly chopped
  • 1 large carrot, peeled and roughly chopped
  • 2 sticks celery, roughly chopped
  • 50g mango, roughly chopped
  • 200ml water

Put all the orange, carrot, celery and mango in the blender, top up with water, then blitz until smooth.

Nutrition fact

• kcal 114
  • fat 1gm
  • carbs 25gm
  • sugars 24gm
  • fibre 8gm
  • protein 3gm

4. Avocado & strawberry smoothie

Ingredients

• ½ avocado, peeled and cut into chunks
  • 150g strawberry, halved
  • 4 tbsp low-fat natural yogurt
  • 200ml semi-skimmed milk
  • lemon or lime juice, to taste
  • honey, for taste.

Put all the ingredients in a blender and whizz until smooth. If the consistency is too thick, add a little water.

Nutrition fact

• kcal 197
  • fat 11gm
  • saturates 3gm
  • carbs 15gm
  • sugars 15gm
  • fibre 3gm
  • protein 9gm
Yes that is right. Usually i will make smoothies every morning before i head to work. Gives me enough energy to last me till lunch. Plus the sweet and sour taste keeps me awake while i drive! haha.. Especially when you have to leave home at 5am in the morning. Aside from that, i usually try my best to stay healthy by doing the bits that i can other then exercising. The food in Singapore is usually oily, but delicious. So i can't help it when it comes to having nice food on the table. Anyway,...
 (Total 125 words)
Hi Alan, thanks for the recipe for healthy smoothie, which is always my favourite diet. I believe smoothie is a very healthy drink/diet, as it usually contains a large portion of fruit and/or vegetables. Sometime, I would just take the smoothie, instead of the full proper breakfast or lunch. Interestingly, I have never tried to make a smoothie myself, and it is so simply to make. We should try to avoid some readymade pre-packed smoothies, because their sugar content may be higher. I would say...
 (Total 108 words)